- Stop your vehicle immediately
- Get uninjured passengers out of the vehicle to the side of the road; safely away from traffic and the vehicle.
- Call the police immediately. If phone is not available, ask at least 2 people to call.
- Exchange information (see inside this brochure).
- Take pictures of the accident (if it's safe) showing positions of vehicles.
- Report the accident to DMV if anyone is hurt or if damage exceeds $1000.
- Never make any statements about the accident to anyone but the police (at the scene).
- Don't discuss responsibility or "who's at fault".
- Don't make any "deals" with other parties at the scene.
- Don't sign any agreements at the scene.
- Don't be forced to have repairs done at a shop you are not comfortable with. You are allowed to choose your repair facility.